You're shopping directly from Woodnewz. This shop offers self collection of orders.
About the designer
There are plenty of boards on the market, but what sets Woodnewz products apart?
There are plenty of chopping boards on the market, but...
Why are our boards different?
Glad you asked... well, we have more than two decades of knowledge to back us up. Wood is our number one passion and our boards are hand-crafted with precision and exceptional care. No other board can compare. All our products have been extensively tried and tested to ensure that only the best is delivered to you. Invest in a Woodnewz board and see for yourself - crafted, shaped and created to be a cut above the rest (pun intended).
Woodnewz has its roots in family heritage and was established in 1995. Founder, Thinus Jonker, learnt his trade from his father who did woodwork and restoration as a hobby. Tools and skills were passed from father to son and Thinus has in turn shared his knowledge with his son in law, Daniel. Together they design and craft a range of exciting products.
In 2011, Woodnewz started using the off-cuts of their bespoke furniture pieces to create chopping boards, platters and various other functional and decorative pieces. In a very short space of time the boards were competing with the furniture pieces in their Durban-based factory.The clean lines and superior quality are backed by years of knowledge and the Woodnewz team aims to create truly beautiful boards with exceptional durability in mind.
African Mahogany, Ash and Oak are some of the woods you can expect to see. The Woodnewz Workshop Blend is also available which is an eco-saving initiative created from the furniture off-cuts, so no two boards are the same.
- Products can be returned for a full refund - not including postage. However, products must be returned in their original state with no damage. Return postage to us will be at customers expense. If you are not happy with your order we would rather solve the problem or receive feedback from you. Please feel free to get in touch and let us know if you are not satisfied or if we can assist you in any way.
- Orders are sent via DCB Logistics, a company which has partnered with Hello Pretty. If you would prefer an alternate method please email us at email@example.com and let's chat. Our factory is open six day a week and you are most welcome to collect from us in Durban.
- Orders are sent once payment has been received and due to the custom-made nature of all our products it can take about seven days until dispatch. We mention this as a precaution, but in most cases orders are made and ready much sooner. A tracking number is provided for your convenience so that you can check when your board will arrive.
- Don't put your board in the dishwasher.
- Wash your board with luke warm water and liquid soap, but do not fully submerge in water whilst cleaning.
- To feed your board, use a natural oil like Linseed or Grapeseed oil.
- For further tips or advice - just ask us, we are more than happy to give you details about your custom-crafted Woodnewz product.