Berry Nutty Lactation Granola
- Refined sugar free, preservative free
- Each batch of granola contain the key ingredients, called "galactagogues" which means 'milk leading', to increase your milk supply. They are perfectly safe in pregnancy and for the whole family - they only lead to lactation in those who already can, and are just delicious for the rest of the family (no kids or dad’s lactating here)
- Rolled oats are a good source of iron, and impact the milk-making hormones produced by the pituitary gland
- Brewer’s yeast contains phytoestrogens, which may be the root of its success as a galactagogue. It’s rich in chromium, which stabilises blood-glucose levels, selenium (an antioxidant), B-complex vitamins (for energy, supports nervous system, aids in good digestion, great for hair, skin and nails), and helps fight off baby blues
- Flaxseed is high in fibre and packed with omega-3 that are crucial to a nursing mother’s diet. Breast milk is charged with huge amounts of omega-3 because the brain (growing in our babies) is dependent on these fatty acids
- Coconut oil is a healthy fat, which is great for energy, recovery and good general health
- Nuts are high in proteins and essential fatty acids. The amino acids in nuts are building blocks for serotonin, which is a necessary neurotransmitter for lactation
- Seeds are high in calcium, fibre, protein, vitamins B1, B3, B5, E, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and manganese. These are essential for energy production, bone maintenance, brain performance, heart function, immune system, cell protection, vision support, beauty maintenance (hair, skin and nails)
- Cranberries are an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and have anti-cancer health benefit, as well as being a good source of vitamin C, E, K, dietary fibre, and manganese
- Dates are a good source of energy, sugar and fibre, as well as essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc and vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K
- Honey is a natural sweetener and may assist in boosting a mother’s immune system. Contains iron and small amounts of calcium, folate, vitamins C and B
Did you know? While milk production is closely linked to a range of factors, from hormones and supply and demand, to milk producing capacity, there are some natural ingredients that can help to support the lactation process, like those in this granola, among a few others. It is always advisable, however, to consult a lactation professional if you have any concerns with breastfeeding or your milk production and supply.
- Eat by the handful
- Serve with a bowl of yoghurt or in milk
- Blend into smoothies
- Bake into muffins (though some of the vitamins and minerals are heat sensitive, and it may reduce their efficacy)
Store in the fridge, in an airtight container or pop it into the freezer to keep fresher for longer.
Coconut oil, wheat free rolled oats, dates, honey, seeds, nuts, Brewer's yeast, flaxseed, cranberries
Get your stuff delivered to your nearest Pargo collection point, free. Select Pargo on step 3 of checkout.
* Applies to deliveries in South Africa. Larger items not included.
When do I get it? Add the lead time (3-5 business days) to the delivery time of the shipping option you select.
This store uses courier services. Enter your postal code for a more accurate price estimate. If you're buying more than one item, the final shipping cost will be calculated on checkout.
You'll be able to select from the following options at checkout:
The Courier Guy
Sorry! No options are available to ship to South Africa yet.Want to ship to South Africa? Click here.
Lactation granola is made upon payment to maintain freshness. Allow 3-5 days for delivery from time of payment. No returns accepted.