Teplov Ballet shoes
About the designer
Teplov Ballet Shoes, the first Professional Ballet Shoe manufacturer in South Africa, was started in 1979.
The company was started by two principle dancers. Georges Teplitsky of the Paris Opera, Cape Town Ballet, and Munich State Opera House, and Diana Cawley of the Cape Town Ballet Co (formerly C.A.P.A.B) and Munich State Opera house.
Teplov prides itself on making all types of dance shoes, with the finest imported leathers, handcrafted to perfection.
The form on which the shoes are made was developed over a period of 10 years, the result is near perfection, resulting in a shoe which fits anatomically and has a comfort second to none.
Diana, now Diana Kessler and owner of Teplov, has expanded production into making fashion pumps the second most important production line. Their son Jean Teplitsky joined the company in 2009 and has since created several new designs and fresh takes on the existing production. From Baby, to Kiddies, to Adult - the range of colouring, in fabrics and leathers is vast.
He has a passion for the classics, but believes in the their constant evolution in pursuit of perfection.
- We recommend sizing a half size up from your regular UK size
- Exchanges will be offered for incorrect size(postage to be paid by the buyer), providing the goods have not been worn
- All items which are in stock will be shipped within 24 hrs, items which have to manufactured can take up to 10 days to be shipped.
- Colours may vary slightly as leather is a natural product, tanneries cannot gurantee exact colour matches
- Shoes have a working sting/bow use it to pull the top in tighter if needed!