About the designer
Welcome to Ruby Melon where we take care of the little things that matter.
Here you will find great products designed with leading experts in their respective fields that stimulate your little one's first developmental milestones such as auditory, visual, social and motor development needs, while making sure our products fit perfectly in the modern nursery.
Not only do we want to make a messy job easier, but provide parents with a space to bond with the newest member of the family.
We love what we do and are proud to offer you our growing range of practical and beautiful products.
Made in Cape Town. #littlethingsthatmatter
- Delivery is free for all orders over R600. For orders under R600 delivery will be charged at between R50 -R100 (Ex VAT) or alternatively you can collect your order at our warehouse in Muizenberg, Cape Town.
- We deliver anywhere in South Africa. Some areas would get their orders quicker than others but for the most part we would be able to deliver to your door. In some rare instances (such as certain farms) we might get in touch to arrange delivery at the nearest town.
- We deliver outside of South Africa by special request. If you are outside of South Africa and want us to deliver to you then please get in touch and we will gladly send you a quotation for the cost of delivery.
- Unfortunately because of the varied nature of International delivery costs our advertised rates or free delivery thresholds are only Valid for deliveries within South Africa.
- Delivery estimates range from 2 - 5 business days depending on location.
The following outlines the Ruby Melon policy for dealing with returns and refunds. For more details, feel free to get in contact.
- Excluded Products
- Any products which have been manufactured or personalised to User specifications; or any goods that have been modified by the User in any way will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- An order may be cancelled before the order has been dispatched. For goods that are personalised or made to specification, an order may be cancelled before the production of goods has started. Any cancelled orders will be refunded in accordance with the refund policy contained herein.
- Cool-off Returns
- Goods can be returned for any reason within 7 days of receipts of order whereby Ruby Melon will arrange collection at the Users place of delivery at Ruby Melons’ expense. Thereafter it will be the Users responsibility to arrange delivery of the goods to Ruby Melon for returns initiated between 7 and 30 days. No Cool-off returns will be accepted after 30 days of receipt of goods.
Cool-off returns will in all cases only be accepted if goods have not been used, are undamaged, with no parts missing, in their original undamaged packaging, and are received back in a resalable condition
Goods can be returned to Ruby Melon as a result of defect up to 6 months from receipt of goods, whereby we will inspect the product in order to verify the product as defective. Such inspection shall be considered final and will not be subject to review.
A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances. The following will NOT be regarded as defects:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on Ruby Melon and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you;
- Ruby Melon reserves the right to Repair, Replace or Refund any goods returned and verified as defective
- Any Repair or Replacement will be effected within 21 days of receipt of the damaged goods. Failure to do so will entitle the User to a full refund on request.
Goods can be returned as a result of fulfilment errors such as goods delivered damaged, incorrect goods delivered, or delivery with missing parts. Any Fulfilment Errors must be reported to Ruby Melon within 2 days of receipt of goods. Returns initiated after 2 days will not be accepted. Goods delivered damaged or incorrect goods delivered will be collected and replaced at Ruby Melons’ expense or refunded if replacement goods are not available (as an example if goods are out of stock).
Upon reciept of a return request, Ruby Melon will forward further details regarding the preparation of your return.
Refunds can take the form of either a Credit or a Refund
Credits take the form of a Voucher to the value of returned Goods in leu of a Cash Refund with are valid for 6 months from Issue and may be exchanged for a Cash Refund at any time during that time. Credits may not be transferred to another user.
All refunds are made within 14 days of return or cancellation being finalised. Refunds can take up to 10 days to reflect depending on the refund method, and will be refunded to the method of payment originally used (e.g. if a card was used to pay for the original order, a refund will be made directly to the purchasing card)
Fees and Charges
A refund may be subject to deductions as laid in the returns policy above. No charges or administrative fees will be deducted from any refunds issues as a result of defective returns.
Refunds of Gift Vouchers
Gift Vouchers will be refunded only to the original purchaser of the voucher and cannot be refunded if already used or have expired.