Garden Route Land Art session
When? I do sessions weekly on a Friday 9am-noon.
Where? Wilderness (between George and Sedgefield on the Garden Route) - Depending on the season, the weather, and the tide, we'd go to one of our lush and beautiful forest spots, or we'd go to one of our beautiful beaches. One of the beaches close to my studio has lots of pebbles we can arrange, stack and make art with, while being a quiet spot away from the main beach. The forests always have fallen leaves, sticks and other matter that we can use to create our art.
After a quick introduction to get to know each other better, I'll introduce you to our site, land art as an art form, and guidelines to your creative process (including how to respect the ecosystem and leave a small impact). After a sensory tune-in with our surroundings (using our senses to look, smell, listen) we'll start playing & making - creating arrangements and visual poetry that express the dialogue you are having with your surroundings. I will make suggestions and give ideas if needed, but you are free to connect, play and create at your own pace and guided by your own creativity. After this we'll have a look at each temporary art piece - appreciating, taking photos, and sharing thoughts that came up during the process.
Remember that we will be outside, and exposed to the sun, wind and rain. When you're getting ready to meet me, make sure to check the weather and dress appropriately.
What I’ll provide
- Simple tools that could be used to shape sand, leaves or other natural materials.
- Sunhat, Sunglasses and/or Sunscreen if it's sunny / Raincoat if it's rainy
- Water and snacks for yourself
- Comfortable, old clothing and very comfortable shoes (if you don't want to be barefoot)
- Personal medicine / Personal Emergency medicine or gear (e.g. if you are allergic to bee sting)
- Camera (or your phone) to take photos of your art
When do I get it? Add the lead time (1 business day) to the delivery time of the shipping option you select.
This store uses courier services. Enter your postal code for a more accurate price estimate.
You'll be able to select from the following options at checkout:
Sorry! No options are available to ship to South Africa yet.Want to ship to South Africa? Click here.
- Please allow about 7 working days for delivery, or 12 working days if a print-on-demand item is purchased.
- For Garden Route buyers, hand-delivery possible, depending on location and my schedule at the time.
- I take great care when making and packaging creative pieces, so hope that it would never be necessary, but should you be dissatisfied with your purchase once delivered, you are welcome to return or exchange the item(s) within 7 days of receiving it. Please ensure that the creative work is securely packaged for return, and note that I will only refund the full price of the item(s) and not the postage and packaging costs.
- Please reuse, repurpose or recycle the packaging used to protect your product during postage & delivery. Feel free to contact me if you need help to find a recycling depot in your area, or if you'd like some ideas about how to reuse the packaging.