Evermore Moissanite has adopted an alphabetical colour spectrum from D to J in order to assist in calibrating Evermore Moissanite into 3 colour spectrums namely Evermore Radiant DEF (Colourless “C” to Near Colourless “NC”), Evermore Brilliance GH (Near Colourless “NC” to Very Slightly Tinted “VST”) and Evermore Classic IJ (Very Slightly Tinted “VST” to Slightly Tinted “ST”), with Evermore Radiant DEF (Colourless “C” to Near Colourless “NC”) as the highest grading for Evermore Moissanite. As you go down the scale or spectrum, the Evermore Moissanite starts to develop a yellow or brown tint.
About the designer
What is Moissanite?
Moissanite was discovered by and named for French chemist and Nobel prize winner Ferdinand Frederick Henri Moissan (September 28th, 1852 - February 20th, 1907). Also known as Silicon Carbide (SiC), moissanite is basically star dust. Originating in space as a by-product of star formation small quantities eventually hitched a ride on meteorites and found their way to earth. Very small quantities of Moissanite is found naturally in kimberlite and in meteoric iron but is extremely rare. So rare in fact, that there isn't enough of the naturally occurring mineral to produce even a single pair of moissanite earrings.
Instead of mining for it, fine gem quality moissanite is meticulously manufactured to perfect detail and in many ways even surpass the optical properties and beauty of a diamond. Cut and polished moissanite looks like a cut and polished diamond, and although it is less expensive, moissanite is tougher, more brilliant, has more sparkle, can have consistently perfect cuts, and does not support mining (which is ecologically damaging) or human suffering.
Limited Lifetime warranty
Evermore Moissanite provides a Limited Lifetime Warranty that applies to your purchase of authentic Evermore Moissanite. Evermore Moissanite gem(s) that are 4mm in size or larger. The terms of the Limited Lifetime Warranty include a warranty against defects in material and workmanship in the Evermore Moissanite gem(s).
• This Limited Lifetime Warranty covers optical properties of the Evermore Moissanite stone including brilliance and fire, and the physical integrity of the Evermore Moissanite stone including chipping, breaking, scratching, and abrasions. It does not cover damage or defects as a result of abuse, misuse, loss, or theft of your Evermore Moissanite gem(s).
• ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DEFECT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY IS THAT, DURING YOUR LIFETIME, EVERMORE MOISSANITE WILL, AT ITS OPTION, REPAIR THE ITEM(S), OR REPLACE WITH ITEM(S) OF EQUAL OR GREATER QUALITY, WITHOUT CHARGE TO YOU. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COST OF SHIPMENT OF YOUR GEM(S) TO EVERMORE MOISSANITE, AND EVERMORE MOISSANITE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS DURING SHIPMENT.
• The Limited Lifetime Warranty is effective as of the date of purchase. Receiving any remedy provided herein requires you to have registered your purchase online at warranty.evermore.co.za
• Your Evermore Moissanite gem(s) are subject to the terms as set forth herein. In the unlikely event you have an issue or concern with your gem(s), please contact Evermore Moissanite by emailing email@example.com, with a copy of your receipt and warranty card, and a customer service representative will direct you accordingly.
• This Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the sale of Evermore Moissanite gems that are 4mm in size or larger and sold directly to the end-consumer purchaser. This Limited Lifetime
Warranty is transferrable by the end-consumer purchaser only where the Evermore Moissanite gem(s) are gifted to a third-person, provided that the recipient of the gifted Evermore Moissanite gem(s) registers the transferred Limited Lifetime Warranty directly with Evermore Moissanite and presents to Evermore Moissanite the end-consumer’s purchase receipt and a valid government-issued form of personal identification.
• Evermore Moissanite does not endorse or approve any third-party alterations or treatments to any Evermore Moissanite. Such processes may be temporary and could lessen the durability and value of the moissanite gem(s). Accordingly, any third-party alterations or treatments will void the Evermore Moissanite Limited Lifetime Warranty that accompanies each Evermore Moissanite gemstone purchase.