Kuchi Silk Necklace
Old South African "kuchi" coins, knotted with Indian silk fibre & cotton cord. Finished with a handmade copper button clasp. Length approximately 48cm. Two colour tones available: pastel or dark - please specify colour preference when placing your order.
Free shipping on orders over R1000 from this shop.
This store uses courier services. Enter your postal code for a more accurate price estimate.
You'll be able to select from the following options at checkout:
Sorry! No options are available to ship to South Africa yet.Want to ship to South Africa? Click here.
Most products ship within one to five working days, depending on stock availability. More complex items, items out of stock, or items made to order will take more time, usually 1-2 working weeks depending on my workload. Please let me know if your order needs to be processed within a specific time frame (eg. birthday gifts).
shipping within south africa:
- Overnight shipping via Aramex, door to door, to all major centres. Delivery to outlying areas using this option may take up to 72 hours. Please plan for someone to sign for the parcel on delivery.
shipping everywhere else:
- International shipping via South African Post Office, counter to counter, usually takes about 10-12 working days (excluding customs clearance time). The customer may be responsible for import duties on the receiving end.
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, I will gladly accept returns and exchanges if the item is returned within 7 days of receipt of your parcel. All items returned must be unworn in original packaging with tags still attached. The customer is responsible for return shipping costs. Once I receive the returned parcel in good order, either a credit note will be issued via email, or a new item will be on it's way to you.
While I take every effort to produce well-made items, slip-ups are bound to creep in. Feel free to email me with your story and I'll try my best to help you out. That said, your side of the deal is to care for your purchase as lovingly as it was made. Please visit my website for detailed information on materials, care and cleaning.
How to find your ring size:
1. Wrap a piece of string or wire comfortably around your finger. Straighten it out again and measure the length in millimetres.
2. Use an existing ring that fits (provided it’s still relatively circular): place it over a ruler and measure the inside diameter of the ring in millimetres.
3. Visit this useful site.
4. Pop in to our studio for a cup of tea and I’ll gladly measure you up.
5. Find a friendly jeweller and ask them nicely to take your measurement.
We work with the British ring size system (A - Z) but can also convert sizes across different systems (American, Eastern etc).
Some interesting facts.. most people’s left and right hands are slightly different in size; fingers on the dominant hand are often slightly bigger. Also, most people's fingers have a general tendency to expand and contract in warmer and cooler weather. It’s helpful to take this into account when choosing your ring size.