A few posts back I introduced a new blog series that we're doing focused around fashion / decor & frangrance pairing. For this week's post I'm going to build a few outfit possibilities that match a beautiful new Chloe perfume called Love Story.
If you're familiar with the brand you'll probably have noticed that Chloe fragrances are unique and quite identifiable. I'm no expert at articulately describing fragrance notes, so I will just say that this is floral and light. It has that classic Chloe thing going on, but it's a youthful, whimsical, girl-next-door take. And can I describe a fragrance as romantic? I'd say this one is. The packaging is really pretty too. I'm not a "Save the box!" kind of girl, but I saved the box (it's stashed in my cupboard next to my iPhone box, which I also couldn't bear to part with).
We have no shortage of feminine, floral, whimsical things on Hello Pretty, all made by South African hands. It's kind of our thing ? Here are some that will complement your Love Story.
First up, House of Kallie's Rose Gold & Morganite Solitaire Ring. BE STILL MY HEART.
This magnificent thing is new on the site. I mean though... a pink gemstone in rose gold? What could go better with something called "Love Story"?
And some more of the plenty I mentioned earlier:
1. Mandarin Collar Blouse from Every Mooi Nooi
2. Sterling Silver Stacking Rings from The Daisychain
3. Small Protea Leaf Earrings from Reverie Designs
4. Sterling Silver Wire Ring from The Daisychain
5. Sterling Silver Kitty Playing with Wool Pendant from Jessica Jane Jewellery
6. Afternoon Light Necklace from A Bird Named Frank
1. The Sam Wrap Dress from Samsama Designs
2. Coeur de Rose Peep Toes from LanziLove
3. FRUITSALAD Pineapple Earrings from Miss H Jewellery Design
4. XOXO Bracelet from Jewellery by Jessica
5. Black Diamond and Rose Gold Ring from Chongo & Wells
6. Misu Dress from Cinnamon
7. Peach Blush Flat Pumps from LanziLove
This pretty little flower crown in the photo below is the Pastel Dream, from Sunkissked Handmade. She has loads of them ande they're all pretty. There is also a bunny-ears option, and a unicorn option.
2) Competition closes 31 May 2017. Winner will be notified by Facebook.
Last week Jen (who handles some of our marketing) and I had the privilege of attending the launch of Salvatore Ferragamo's latest fragrances. It was a magnificent event, organised by VelvetLuxe and hosted at the Steenberg Wine Estate. Thank you Rose and Mbali for having us as guests to your event.
Anyone who appreciates some of the finer things in life will most likely have crossed paths with an Italian-made fragrance or two. The great nation of Italy has produced some of the most beautiful fragrances you can get. Ferragamo has now launched three versions of Signorina, their brand new piece of olfactory art. At the same time he's also launched Uomo for the fellas.
I'm going to tell you a teeny bit about each one, and show you what South African beauties you'll wear it with. Each fragrance was launched with a mini movie and I'll link to those too. They're beautifully done and you should definitely watch them.
Signorina - the original version
I found this to be a light and very unique fragrance. It's really gentle and feminine, and was my personal favourite of the three. The original fragrance's colour palette is a soft pink.
A sassy and chic fragrance celebrating cheeky young ladies with a hint of irony and Italian glamour.
- Peonies and Roses Flower Crown - Sunkissed Handmade
- Pearl Necklace - Van Nierop Jewellers
- Pink Chiffon Dress - Hoiden
Are you a seductress? Because then this one's for you. Eleganza is the "gold" fragrance in the range.
A rich and velvety olfactive creation that celebrates feminine grace and seduction.
- Bree Dress - KDC Unique Designs
- Protea Earrings - Erin Frances Creative
- Bar Bracelet - Veers Handmade Jewellery
- Taupe & Stallion Clutch - Take Charge
DRAMA! Misteriosa's colour palette is black, which suits it well. It is the boldest of the three fragrances: this is what you'll want when you want to really make a statement.
A daring fragrance that frees the secrets of a young woman who dictates the rules of her life.
- I Put A Spell On You Dress - Blackeyed Susan
- Gilt Triangle Hoop Studs - SMITH Jewellery
- Gatsby Brass Cuff - The Envy by Sobeit Studios
Visiting the Steenberg Estate was fantastic. It's in Tokai, fairly close to Cape Town, and I couldn't more strongly recommend that you pay them a visit (after you turn off from the M5 do not make the mistake we made by heading up Ou Kaapse Weg - keep on straight). The scenery is lush, manicured and expansive. The dining area is intimate, bright and airy, with double doors opening onto a small outdoor area. You can actually even see the ocean from it. We'll for sure be returning here for a tasting and a meal.