Applications for July are now closed.
Pretties, as a former intern at Hello Pretty myself, I am super excited to announce that we are embarking on an internship programme here at HP HQ.
We're looking for someone to train up on the social media front in particular, so if you're the type of person whose friends give them a hard time for never putting their phone down over dinner, perk up your ears.
- Must love design in all its forms;
- Must have an insatiable Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram addiction, and so already have a working knowledge of how to use the various platforms;
- Must be Cape Town based, or able to get to the City Bowl once a week to check in and for training;
- Must have access to a smartphone and laptop, with permanent access to a reliable internet connection;
- Must be a spelling and grammar nazi - someone who never, ever writes words like ‘bcoz’ or ‘wud’, and someone who respects proper capitalisation;
- Must have completed matric - if you're an undergrad student looking for something part time, we're looking at you!
- If you enjoy dabbling in photography, that's a bonus - you don't have to be a pro, we'll be giving tips and pointers as we go. :)
We would need interns to be able to commit to 15 - 20 hours a week, for three months, starting from the 6th of July. We're super flexible, so can arrange to work around any class schedules. Other than a weekly check in, you can work from home. (Once you start working in your pajamas it's very difficult to turn back!)
- Stop! Do not send us a CV. This will be the fastest way to get us to reject your application. Don’t even be tempted. We can see your finger poised over that ‘Attach’ button. Back away!
- Write to us and in one or two paragraphs, tell us who you are. If this includes relevant work experience then that’s cool, but we don’t need to know about the waitressing job you did while you were in school.
- Send links to your public social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc). Candidates' social media personas will be considered during the shortlisting process, but don’t worry, we are nice people and will not judge you if you have posted the occasional ‘party-juice’ tweet (unless your grammar turns to rubbish when you do) ;)
We’ll be accepting applications for one work week - you have until the end of Friday. We'll be in touch about the success of your application and next steps - we'll be interviewing shortlisted candidates from the 29th of June until the 3rd of July.
Go go go!