It's our final staff picks day! And to round it all off, our dev genius Scott is at the wheel with all of his favourite things:
- Butcher block side table by Leg Studios
- Hickory belt by Colony Design
- Jozi skyline cufflinks by Duke & Dutch
- Moleskin Volant leather cover by Savior Brand Co
- Illusion bookshelves by Simpli Decor
- Wide pendant lamp by Modern Gesture
- Hamba wall clock by Louw Roets
- Slotd Bench by Unfayzdesign
- Felt and Merino handmade slippers by AnnMack Home Gifts & Crafts
- Chopping board from reclaimed oak and European beech timber by Stefan Fourie Design
"I don't usually shop. But when I do, I do it online. While Hello Pretty primarily has a strong female focus, there's more than enough for selection for any guy with a bit of style (and in my case, without style as well!). My list covers everything that would add a bit of class to my day to day life. For the flat, an amazing bookcase is a must and Hello Pretty / Hello Man is actually full of them, but my personal favourite (love their simple design) are the illusion bookshelves from simpli decor. I'd round that off with a nice wall clock from Louw Roets, a side table, and a lamp.
A bench for the patio to chill on coffee breaks, and the slippers, because the only thing better than no-pants-friday is no-pants-friday with a pair of warm slippers. especially in these wintery months.
Out and about:
Despite being a techie, I still always carry around a pen and a paper notebook, for that I prefer to use moleskins and the moleskin leather cover from Savior Brand takes those notebooks up a notch (as if they needed it). And then a nice, simple belt (probably several) is a must for any guys' wardrobe. You need to have a great selection of cufflinks for anything a bit more formal, and Hello Pretty definitely doesn't fall short on cufflinks. Though I'm not from there, I love the jozi skyline, so Duke and Dutch's cufflinks are perfect."
There you have it folks. Now you have no excuses come Christmas time!