When I think of concrete, I think of building sites and dirt. The PPC Imaginarium competition has however brought new light to the beautiful possibilies concrete offers, through their design awards programme. By showcasing different pieces made from concrete from many designers, it's clear just how much can be done with this material.
This programme is focused on encouraging talented designers in South Africa, and a better challenge cannot be thought of. There are six creative categories which the judges look at; Industrial Design, Jewellery, Film, Sculpture, Architecture and Fashion.
The winners of the awards were announced at the PPC Imaginarium finalist exhibition at Youngblood Africa, Cape Town, last week Thursday (4 February). The winner of each category received R50 000 and the runner-up received R15 000. Have a look at their website or their Facebook page.
The pieces are simply amazing; who knew you could make such cool things with concrete?
The artworks featured are by:
First photo: Mieke Vermeulen
Second photo: Hester Erasmus
Third photo: Janna Kruger
Fourth photo: Nkhensani Rihlampfu
Fifth photo: Gordon Froud
We're spreading the love this festive season with another giveaway!
Today we're partenering with The High Street Barber to give away a mega beard box worth R580! Ideal for the bearded guy your life.
This includes :
- 4 x 10ml Beard Oil - All Scents included - Earthy - Woody - Orange - Spicy
- 30ml Beard Tonic - Original or Orange
- 55g Beard Balm - Woodsmoke or Citrus
- Wooden Comb
- Like The High Street Barber on Facebook
- Get an extra entry by tweeting "I want to win with @helloprettysa and the High Street Barber! #Ilovethehighstreetbarber" and leave an extra comment below.
Clickety click pretties! You have until 10am on Friday the 11th of December.
This giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere. Entries close at 10am on Friday 11th of December (this Friday). Hello Pretty's standard competition Ts and Cs apply. Only one entry per channel will be counted.
We're getting into the Christmas spirit with a slew of giveaways, and let me tell you, it's downright festive here at HP HQ!
Today we're spoiling you with this amazing Hobby brass planter - ideal for bringing a bit of the summer outdoors into your home.
1) Like Hobby on Facebook
2) Leave a comment on this blog post telling us where your new planter would live if you won.
3) Get an extra entry by tweeting @HelloPrettySA with the hashtag #ilovehobby telling us what you would do with your planter, and leave an extra comment below.
Clickety click pretties! You have until 10am on Friday the 20th.
This giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere. Entries close at 10am on Friday 20th of November (this Friday). Hello Pretty's standard competition Ts and Cs apply. Only one entry per channel will be counted.
It's been a while, but finally it's GIVEAWAY TIME! We love these giveaways just as much as you do.
This week, enter to win any two items of your choice - one for you, one for your best friend - from Hallo Jane. Say what!
Her stuff is super cute, made-in-South-Africa bamboo jewellery and homeware, and you should know that it's one of Hello Pretty's top sellers.
- Leave a comment on this blog post telling us which two items you'd like to win from the Hallo Jane store. NB: Tag the person who you'd share your prize with.
- Like Hallo Jane on Facebook
- Get an extra entry by tweeting @HelloPrettySA with the hashtag #ilovehallojane telling us what your two favourite products from her store are, and leaving an extra comment below.
Here are a couple of customer favourites to whet your appetite:
This giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere. Entries close at 10am on Friday 13th of November (this Friday). Hello Pretty's standard competition Ts and Cs apply. Only one entry per channel will be counted.
One of the best parts of my job is giving away nice things on a Monday - what better way is there to brighten someone's day?
Today, in celebration of Blossom Handmade's new Hello Pretty Facebook store, we are showering you with gorgeous goodies:
- A lime T-shirt necklace,
- A set of custard Ring Ring Bling Blossom earrings,
- Three Ring Ring Bling Spiral Bangles in lime, custard, and baby blue,
All to the value of R755! Are you feeling lucky yet?
In case you missed it, RYO Coffee paid us a visit last week and showed us how to roast coffee on our own stovetops, in a wok.
It's gutsy, and take it from us, you're going to end up making some bad-a$$ coffee this way.
Hey hey hey, just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty dirty cheats of the world, we've been working hard to put a smile on your face - we're kicking of this week and December with an awesome giveaway!
Heart Jewelry Creations is giving away a R500 voucher to spend in their Hello Pretty store! A whole five hundred bucks, to spend on anything you like - if that doesn't make you feel like dancing on your own, making moves up as you go, I don't know what will.
- Leave a comment here, telling us what your favourite Heart Jewelry Creations item is.
- Like Heart Jewelry Creations on Facebook.
- Get an extra entry by tweeting @HelloPrettySA and letting us know in the comments below.
Take that Monday.
It's always a little bit cooler when you know that nobody else has it. Such is the case with Peach State. This jewellery is hand-made from vintage buttons, so your Peach State jewellery is and always will be one-of-a-kind.
To make your Monday a bit better and brighter, we're giving a piece away to one lucky gal and her bestie - we know you're two of a kind, so it's only fitting that you're kitted out in one of a kind accessories!
- Leave a comment here, taging the friend you'll share the prize with
- Get an extra entry by tweeting @HelloPrettySA and @ItsPeachState and letting us know in the comments below.
Good luck Pretties!
You guys have been asking for this for a while - and here it is. Another awesome thing for you to win, and this time there are cats involved which makes it doubly cool.
Meet the newest member of the A Thousand Paper Cranes family:
He (or she?) has two coats that he wears - a pink one and a black one - but no name. Shame.
Once a winner is chosen, they will get a cat cushion of their very own, and the cat cushion will be christened with the name that they suggested.
I'm so looking forward to hearing your ideas! I can't vote, but if I could I would suggest Sebastian, after my own cat.